24+ Advanced Learning Loans
Aged 24 or over? Discover a new and easy way to pay your course fees
The new 24+ Advanced Learning Loan aims to help take the financial stress away from study by allowing those aged 24 and over to apply for a loan to cover the tuition fee.
From 1st August 2013, any UK resident aged 24 or over who enrols with us onto an eligible level 3 or higher course, can apply for a Government funded loan to pay for the tuition fee. This will be paid directly to the college on your behalf via the Student Loans Company.
This is great news for you as it means that you don’t have to pay anything when you enrol. This includes all advanced or higher qualifications, such as A Levels, Access to Higher Education Diplomas, other Diplomas and Certificates and Advanced or Higher Apprenticeships. What’s even better news is that you don’t have to start paying the loan back until you’re earning over £21,000 a year. Real rates of interest on loans will be no higher than those prevailing in the market and linked to inflation. Any balance outstanding is written off after 30 years.
24+ Advanced Learning Loans will enable thousands of people to benefit from life changing opportunities. Evidence shows that people with qualifications at higher levels get greater benefit in the job market.
If you are enrolling on one of our Access to Higher Education programmes and then progress to a Higher Education (HE) course at any UK college or university, the further education part of the loan will be written off when you complete your HE course!
If a learner takes out a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan and subsequently takes out a loan for higher education, their loans are rolled into one and only one monthly repayment is made.
Anyone eligible will be able to apply for the loan from 1st April 2013, you can do this by contacting our course information team (From April 1 onwards)
More information to help you to understand the new Government loans
- Try the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan eligibility tool – http://kcc.ac.uk/financial_help/eligibility_tool.php
- Key facts – http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/470109/sfe_24_loans_factsheet.pdf (pdf, new window)
- FAQs – http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/474817/24__faq_v2.pdf (pdf, new window)
- How to Apply – https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans
- Repayment Calculator – Use the repayment calculator to get an estimate of how much 24+ Advanced Learning Loan you could owe and how long you might repay for – http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/scheme/dgv/pws/repayment-calculator_24plus.html
Aged 19 – 23?
You may still your course may still be FREE – have a look at our fee page for more information.