If you are just leaving school, with or without GCSEs, a Level 2 NCFE CACHE Diploma in Health and Care may be a suitable route for you.
You will need to complete a combination of core mandatory units, pathway specific units and optional units to achieve this qualification. Mandatory units include:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person-centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings.
Completion of this qualification is achieved through a combination of classroom-based learning and experience in the workplace. This qualification will equip you with the essential knowledge and skills required when working with adults in health and social care environments. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
This qualification is ideal if you wish to work, or are currently working, in a supervised role with adults in health and social care settings in England. Undertaking the Level 2 Diploma will allow you to build on your knowledge and apply it in real work settings. You will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement (2 days per week) as you will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
You will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This will include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments and tasks.
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work under supervision in a wide variety of Level 2 Health and Social Care job roles, such as:
- Care Assistant in Residential Settings or Supported Living
- Healthcare Support Worker in Community and Primary Care Environments
- Healthcare Assistant in Acute Health Environments
- Care Support Worker in Domiciliary Services.
If you already work in one of these roles, this qualification will cement your knowledge and skills in preparation for progression to a job role at a higher level.
If you are looking to continue studying after completion of this qualification, the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England provides you with the knowledge and skills required when working with adults in health and social care environments in a supervised role to progress to the: