You may choose a LEVEL 3 NCFE CACHE Diploma in Health and Social Care if you wish to undertake a more practical based course and have experience or an existing level 2 qualification.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England confirms competence in areas of Health and Social Care as appropriate and is the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements in the Social Care sector in England.
Potential job roles for those working towards this qualification:
- senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in residential settings
- senior healthcare assistants/support workers in community and primary care environments
- senior healthcare assistants/support workers in acute health environments
- senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services
- senior care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services
- senior support workers in supported living projects
- community-based senior care assistants/support workers/key workers, including those working in specialist areas e.g. dementia, learning disabilities
- personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families
- emerging new types of workers and multidisciplinary health roles crossing traditional service barriers and delivery models.
Completion of this qualification is achieved through a combination of classroom-based learning and experience in the workplace. This qualification will equip you with the essential knowledge and skills required when working with adults in health and social care environments. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
You will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This will include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments and tasks. If you already work in one of these roles, this qualification will cement your knowledge and skills in preparation for progression to a job role at a higher level.
If you are looking to continue studying after completion of this qualification our ACCESS programme has a wide variety of programmes for you which prepare you for university in your chosen specialised area
It is anticipated that learners will progress to Level 4/5 qualifications for management or senior practitioner roles in health and social care, or to specialist qualifications reflecting the context in which they work.