The Higher National Diploma Fine Art, Level 5, part time course runs one day per week over two years and is the 2nd year continuation of the Higher National Certificate, Level 4. This course is equivalent to the 2nd year of an art school degree.
• The HND specialises in Fine Art and works to develop each student’s individual practice. Students can pursue their ideas in drawing, painting, sculpture, mixed media, video and printmaking. Students often access to enrichment classes and other courses within the college e.g. photography, ceramics and life drawing.
• Tutors are practising artists and include: Greg Rook, Erika Winstone, Jane Eyton, Matthew Kolakowski and others. Specialist tutors within the college also contribute to the course.
• Underpinning the course are units in Contextual Studies (contemporary art context) and Professional Practice.
• Emphasis throughout is on acquiring and developing creative and technical skills through research and studio projects.
• There is an opportunity to show work in four exhibitions during the course.
• Good sized on site storage space, flexible, bookable work spaces and lots of tutor contact.
• All students have a personal tutor who will offer advice, guidance and feedback and steer you through the processes of applying to HE or progressing further.
• The course consists of 6 units.