Africana Studies is an interdisciplinary and critical examination of Africa, her diaspora and the wider world. It has been designed as an extension to our African and Caribbean Studies Module which is available on Social Science and Social Science and Humanities pathways. The Africana Studies diploma and the African and Caribbean studies module are the only level 3 subject specific academic modules/qualifications of their type in Europe, and have been developed in response to the limited accredited African/black related courses in the UK.
Archive for the ‘Management & Professional Studies’ Category
Need to improve your maths skills but don’t know where to start. This short course will introduce to some of the common subjects in the maths curriculum. Taught by experienced and sympathetic teachers you will be supported to explore your current skills and build upon them.
This Intermediate course is for people who are not fluent speakers of English and who want to improve their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills with a degree of accuracy and fluency. You will practise listening, speaking reading and writing.
This elementary course is for people who already speak and write everyday English. It covers the four languages skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Grammar is included as an integral part of the course.
This course will enable you to understand the concept of spreadsheets and to demonstrate the ability to use a spreadsheet application. You will understand and be able to accomplish tasks associated with developing, formatting, modifying and using spreadsheets, in addition to using standard formulas and functions, and demonstrate competence in creating and formatting graphs or charts.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats
- Choose built-in options such as the Help function within the application to enhance productivity
- Enter data into cells and use good practice in creating lists. Select, sort and copy, move and delete data
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet. Copy, move, delete and appropriately rename worksheets
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions
- Use good practice in formula creation and recognise error values in formulas
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet
- Choose, create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings and check and correct spreadsheet content before finally printing spreadsheets
This course is an ideal platform for those wishing to work/or are working in accounts and those wishing to undertake the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
Teacher Training advice and guidance is held at our Kensington Centre each month and offers potential applicants information on the Teacher Training courses available at KCC. Each event is hosted by a member of the Teacher Training team who will gladly answer any questions you may have. Those wishing to apply for a course are then asked to complete BKSB maths & English initial assessments. The advice and guidance session is free. However, we ask that you arrive promptly and allow two hours for completion.
Explore the possible career pathways from the study of sociology and humanities. Come and find out what your first steps need to be.
Explore the possible pathways into the legal profession. Come and find out what your first steps need to be.
Explore the possible pathways through the study of Impressionism, Baroque to Romanticism, Cubism to Contemporary art. Come and find out what your first steps need to be.
Explore the possible pathways into African Caribbean Studies. Come and find out what your first steps need to be.