Employment within the creative industries increased at a higher rate than for the UK economy as a whole in 2012, according to new government data*.
The jobs boost is giving more people than ever before the chance to carve out a career in the creative industries.
Figures released by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport also revealed that film, TV, video, radio and photography was the group which had the largest increase in employment in the Creative Economy between 2011 and 2012.
Kensington and Chelsea College is offering a range of creative courses this February half-term to help develop the skills needed to land jobs in the creative industries.
The short courses include learning about the practical techniques behind documentary film making; learning to build a website in a week and a music business course which develops skills and knowledge of music publishing, starting a record label and modern music marketing and promotion techniques.
There will also be a number of masterclasses being offered in Millinery including two exclusive masterclasses with renowned Milliner Jane Corbett. Jane has been creating exquisite bespoke hats for over 15 years, with a high-profile client list including royalty.
To see the full range of exciting courses on offer go to:
Securing your spot on a course is simple, just click on the course you like and follow a few easy steps to enrol online in a matter of minutes.
*Source of info:
- Kensington and Chelsea College leads the local learning agenda for adults and young adults in Art and Design, Health and Social Sciences and Management and Professional Development.
- The college operates across two sites based near Kings Road in Chelsea – with its fashionable boutiques and cafes, and Notting Hill by Portobello Road – with its world famous markets and iconic stalls selling vintage and cutting edge fashion.
- We are an associate college member for The National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural.
- Our range of courses offer career enhancement opportunities, a credible alternative route to university and recognised qualifications leading to employment.
- • We are an established and trusted college for delivering Apprenticeships, and professional, bespoke training to businesses across London that has led to strong partnerships with leading creative and cultural venues, including the V&A and Historic Royal Palaces
- To find out about our full range of courses and training opportunities, and how we can help you develop your career or business visit www.kcc.ac.uk, or call 0207 573 5333 for a copy of our latest prospectus.
- Follow us on social media for our latest news:
Follow us on social media for our latest news:
Date published: 31 January 2014