Kensington and Chelsea College has partnered with leading local employers to develop courses that equip students with the skills being sought by industry.
The College is already closely connected with some of London’s most well-known organisations and employers, including the Victoria and Albert Museum and Hemingway Design through its successful apprenticeships and bespoke business training programmes.
Following on from the success of its partnerships the College has established an Employer Forum where industry professionals come together to set the standards for tomorrow’s talent.
The forum got off to a flying start as member Paul Bivand, who is the Associate Director of Analysis & Statistics at the Centre for Social & Economic Inclusion, gave a presentation about the current shape of the labour market.
During the second half of the session forum members identified industry skills gaps, highlighted employee training and development needs and discussed market trends – all of which will form the basis of courses being developed at the college.
During discussions employers also expressed support for the forum. Mr Bivand remarked that engaging employers from the outset in employment programmes was invaluable in preparing learners for the real expectations of the workplace. Mr Bivands comments were also echoed by Fay Johnstone from KCTMO and Neil Collins from Rydges Hotel.
Kensington and Chelsea College’s Employer Forum will act as a formal arena for local employers to support curriculum development and for the college to consult employers as key stakeholders on future developments.
As an employer it is your opportunity to define a new generation of employee. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Employer Forum please contact Patrick Whife, from the College’s Apprenticeships team, on: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the College’s courses and training opportunities, and how we can help you develop your career or business visit www.kcc.ac.uk, or call 0207 573 5333
- Kensington and Chelsea College leads the local learning agenda for adults and young adults in Art and Design, Health and Social Sciences and Management and Professional Development
- The college operates across two sites based near Kings Road in Chelsea – with its fashionable boutiques and cafes, and Notting Hill by Portobello Road – with its world famous markets and iconic stalls selling vintage and cutting edge fashion
- We are an associate college member for The National Skills Academy for Creative & Cultural
- Ofsted rates our teaching as good. Our range of courses offer career enhancement opportunities, a credible alternative route to university and recognised qualifications leading to employment
- We are an established and trusted college for delivering Apprenticeships, and professional, bespoke training to businesses across London that has led to strong partnerships with leading creative and cultural venues, including the V&A and Historic Royal Palaces
- To find out about our full range of courses and training opportunities, and how we can help you develop your career or business visit www.kcc.ac.uk, or call 0207 573 5333 for a copy of our latest prospectus.
- Follow us on social media for our latest news:
Follow us on social media for our latest news:
Date published: 6 January 2014